What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a modern and innovative solution for restoring missing or damaged teeth. They are surgically placed into the jawbone, where they fuse with the natural bone to create a stable and secure foundation for a replacement tooth or bridge.
Dental implants are made of high-quality materials, such as titanium, and are designed to mimic the function and appearance of natural teeth.
We typically place endosteal implants to meet your needs, but there are also other types of implants available:
- Endosteal implants: These are placed directly into the jawbone and typically made of titanium, which is a strong and durable material.
- Subperiosteal implants: These are placed on top of the jawbone but beneath the gum tissue. They are typically used for patients who do not have enough healthy jawbone to support an endosteal implant.
- Zygomatic implants: These are used for patients who have significant bone loss in the upper jaw. They are anchored into the cheekbone instead of the jawbone, providing a stable base for dental restorations.
- Mini dental implants: These are smaller in diameter than traditional implants. They are often used for patients who have smaller teeth or limited space in their mouth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer a number of benefits over traditional tooth replacement options, such as dentures and bridges. They are more durable and longer-lasting, with many patients enjoying their implants for a lifetime with proper care. They also look and feel more natural than other options, allowing patients to eat, speak, and smile with confidence.
Other benefits patients enjoy with dental implants include:
- Enhanced comfort: Dental implants are designed to feel and function like natural teeth, so they are more comfortable than other tooth replacement options, such as dentures.
- Improved oral health: Dental implants help to preserve the natural structure of your teeth and prevent bone loss in the jaw.
- Convenience: Unlike removable dentures, dental implants are a permanent tooth replacement solution, so you don't have to worry about removing them for cleaning or maintenance.
- Improved eating: Dental implants are strong and durable, allowing you to eat your favorite foods without worrying about damaging or dislodging them.
Are You a Good Candidate for Implants?
While dental implants are a great option for many people, not everyone is a good candidate for the procedure. Characteristics that make a good candidate for dental implants include healthy gums and enough bone to support the implant, overall good health with no underlying conditions, and a commitment to oral hygiene.
Smoking is another factor that can affect the success of implants. Smoking can slow down the healing process and increase the risk of infection. If you are a smoker, it is important to quit smoking before getting implants to improve the chances of success. In addition, good oral hygiene is essential for the success of implants.
Why Choose Florida Dental Implant Center?
At Florida Dental Implant Center, we offer a personalized, convenient, and trustworthy experience that is unique to our practice. We are qualified dental professionals with experience in implant placement and restoration.
We provide comprehensive dental care, from the initial consultation to the placement and maintenance of the implant. We work with you to create a customized treatment plan that meets your specific goals and concerns. Additionally, we provide ongoing care and maintenance for your dental implants, ensuring their longevity and effectiveness.